How To Hire Big Data Executives
Even though the idea of “big data” has only been around for a relatively short period of time, the history of large data sets can be traced all the way back to the 1960s and 1970s, when the world of data was just beginning to emerge with the establishment of the first data centers and the creation of the relational database.
In the early 2000’s, people started to become aware of how much data users generated through the use of online services such as Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms. Around the same time, the open-source framework Hadoop was developed with the express purpose of storing large data sets and performing analysis on them. NoSQL was also emerging as a valuable tool. The growth of big data was greatly helped by the creation of open-source frameworks like Hadoop and, more recently, Spark, which make big data easier to work with and cheaper to store. Since then, the amount of big data has gone through the roof. Users still make a lot of data, but it’s not just people doing it anymore.
What to Look for when Hiring Big Data Executives/Leaders
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Look for people who have a passion for data. They should be able to talk about it excitedly and easily explain what they love about it. This passion will drive them to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies, which will in turn. benefit your company.
- Big data leaders should be able to see the big picture. They should understand how data can be used to improve various aspects of your business, from marketing to product development to customer service.
- Hire people who are problem solvers. The best way to use data is to solve problems. Look for candidates who have a track record of using data to solve problems in their previous roles.
- Make sure your big data leaders are good communicators. They should be able to explain complex concepts in simple terms and present their findings in an easy-to-understand way.
- Big data is always changing, so you need leaders who are adaptable. Look for people who are comfortable with change and are always learning new things. They should be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and trends.
Best practises when hiring executives
When hiring leaders in Big Data, you need to create a search team. That team needs to include the people that person will work with most and report to. This helps to remove biases from one person making the decision and help you fully establish the knowledge gap in your business your trying to fill with your new executive.
Checkout my full guide on how to hire a C-level executive to learn more and fully understand the whole process in depth. her is also have role specific guides like how to hire a CIO, How to hire a CTO, how to hire a CISO and more.
Work with an Executive Search Firm
Consult a headhunting firm that specializes in big data. Working with an executive search firm that focuses on big data is the most effective way to locate top talent. Companies like these have the means and connections to seek out and hire the most qualified candidates. They may also have knowledge of recent developments in big data technology.
Boyden is one of the world’s largest Executive Search Firms, With a global presence having offices in over 43 different countries. Boyden has specialists in every industry including niches such as: Big Data, AI, FinTech, Performance Marketing, SAAS, and more…
If you would like me to connect you to the precise executive search consultant or team who can best help you on your executive search. Please contact me. As a Managing Partner at Boyden, I can quickly introduce you to them.
Share This Article:
Need Expert Executive Search Help?
As a Managing Partner at Boyden, I can personally help you or connect you to a member or group of our global search team who would be best suited to help you and your company’s precise executive search needs.
Want Professional Executive Search help for any industry globally?
Contact me now! As a managing partner at Boyden's Global Executive Search Firm with 25+ yrs experience. I'll either help you directly or connect you to someone that I know who is best suited to your companies needs!